Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Photography Bootcamp Workshop

When I set out to give private workshops, I usually go through the process of getting to know my student before hand. I know what gear they have and what they need to learn in order to use what they have in more efficient ways. Needless to say, when it's absolutely necessary I make recommendations on what to buy and what to keep on your wish list for a while. Using what we already have available to us at that moment is what I emphasizes on.

In this particular workshop, I created a "Bootcamp style" course that went through documentary photography, fashion photography, pre-production, production, shoot, post process and in between we also did a little creative and alternative image process techniques. We dove into the world of film! Oh how I love the smell! I already knew the student, knew what she needed to learn and what she wanted to experiment with. Locations are in Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, we did a little scouting, researching and product shots too.

Here are a few photos of the behind the scenes and a few photos I managed to shoot while teaching. The way I taught this course was through practice.


blog it_004
Behind the scenes, the set design, lighting and concept all part the workshop experience.

blog it_003
Behind the scenes, the set design, lighting and concept all part the workshop experience.

blog it_001
That's me, details, details... Photo by student Claudia Sofia Torres.

blog it_002
That's me, details, details... Photo by student Claudia Sofia Torres.

blog it_014
I shot a couple just to break the ice and have the model feel confortable, and to get the student thinking of different angles and compositions.

blog it_013
Black and white film, I'm in love with that film.

blog it_012


blog it_011
Visiting Bateyes. The first class was documentary with analog cameras. Slide 120 film taken with Mamiya C220 my trusty TLR camera.

blog it_010
Visiting Bateyes. The first class was documentary with analog cameras. Slide 120 film taken with Mamiya C220 my trusty TLR camera.

blog it_009
Slide 120 film taken with Mamiya C220 my trusty TLR camera.

blog it_008
Student hard at work in product photography class.

blog it_006
These were actually taken with my iphone. The Hipstamatic app is my favorite app at the moment.

blog it_005
The chemicals. Breathe in deeply...

No comments:

Post a Comment